Presentation and Question Lengths
For the main session each group presenting will be given a specific amount of time for presentations and for questions. Any time not used for their presentation will be added to their question time. The timing will be as follows:
- Bids for SMOFCon 38 in 2020 - 3 minutes for a presentation, 10 minutes for questions
- Bids for SMOFCon 39 in 2021 - 3 minutes for a presentation, 5 minutes for questions
- Bids for SMOFCon 40 in 2022 and 41 2023 - 2 minutes for a presentation. These bids will not be questioned.
- Bids for SMOFCon 42 and beyond (2024 and beyond) - time to announce and interest or intention of bidding. No questions or formal presentation.
- Seated Worldcons - 3 minutes for a presentation, 10 minutes for questions
- Bids for 2022 Worldcon - 5 minutes for a presentation, 15 minutes for questions
- Bids for 2023 Worldcon or potential NASFiC - 3 minutes for a presentation, 10 minutes for questions
- Bids for 2024 Worldcon or potential NASFiC - 3 minutes for a presentation, 5 minutes for questions
- Bids for 2025 Worldcon - 3 minutes for a presentation, 5 minutes for questions
- Bids for 2026-2029 - 3 minutes for a presentation. Any bids past 2025 will not be questioned.
- Bids for Worldcon or potential NASFiC 2030 and beyond - time to announce an interest or intention of bidding. No questions or formal presentation.
The vote for the SMOFCon 38 in 2020 will be held immediately following all SMOFCon 38 bid presentations.
All groups wishing to participate in the Fannish Inquisition/Question Time as a seated or bidding convention will need to have at least one representative at the participants meeting on Saturday afternoon at 3:30pm in Boardroom East.
This meeting will go over the procedures for the event. This will also be the time to provide any presentations, vidoes, etc. to our tech team to ensure that they are loaded onto the computer and tested. The presentations will be loaded onto a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10. The projector we will be using is an Optoma W06ST which natively supports WXGA (1280x800) resolution for a 16:9 aspect ratio.
NOTE: If your presentation depends on any special or unusual fonts, please be sure that you have a copy so that they can also be copied onto the computer.
At or before this meeting, each group will need to submit a copy of the Fannish Inquisition/Question Time Participants Information Form. This will help us keep track of who is presenting and what you are presenting for, as well as your technical requirements. This form can be found as a fillable PDF here.
Bids and seated conventions are asked to supply answers to the Frequently Asked Questions. There are two Google Docs documents that cover the FAQ. The first "Questionnaire Cover Letter" (MS Word Document)is the base for creating your responses to the questions. Please look over both documents, and follow the instructions to create your responses, and send the final response to email@example.com by December 6, 2019.is a cover letter explaining how to fill out and use the FAQ. The second, " (
Note that the Google Docs documents are not editable by most users. However, File->Make a copy can be used to copy it into your own Google Docs area, and File->Download can be used to download a copy into a number of formats, including Microsoft Office (.docx), Rich Text (.rtf), and OpenOffice Document (.odt) formats.
Other Promotional Opportunities
In addition to the Fannish Inquisition/Question Time, groups wishing to promote SMOFCon, Worldcon, NASFiC, or Westercon bids, or seated Worldcons, NASFiCs, Westercons, or conventions within 500 miles of Albuquerque are invited to participate in the Poster Session on Friday night.
Additionally, a limited number of fan tables will be set up in the Enchantment Ballroom on Sunday afternoon for groups who wish to promote in a more traditional fan table setting. These tables will largely be available on a first come, first served basis though if we have enough interest, we may ask groups to share a table.